OZ Day 1

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The day has finally arrived! After a year of preparations and planning, we finally saw it coming. We packed our bags, 2 huge check-in bags and 2 hand luggage, and off we flew to our destination, Melbourne International Airport. We arrived early, at 8.45 am managed to get through all the tight securities in the airport. I was truly impressed by the airport staffs that ensures all passengers are informed of what to do, and they are so friendly! and yeah..some are kinda handsome. =p

At the open air area to see the plane take off. It was hazy! Some flights are unfortunately cancelled but actually thank God that ours are still in schedule. 


It was an 8 hours flight, which was horrible. I couldn't sleep at all because of the tight seating. But it wasn't that bad after all, because Tien Hui decided to be my random stranger! Still couldn't download in my brain how it was her, sitting next to me. So we spend some time catching up on each other's life in the epic place - up in the air.

Once we have landed, we met up with our Aunt for lunch at Secret Kitchen in Westfield mall with my uncle and his wife who are already waiting for us for nearly an hour. (Sorry!)

Not so sure what the secret is, but we had Dim Sum, which the Aussies like to call Yum Cha.
We were all starving by then, and within 15 minutes we gobbled up everything. Couldn't fit any more, because we had so much. The awesome thing here is that their Dim Sum is so big and every bite is so filling. How come we couldn't get this in Malaysia? hmm. Make me dislike Malaysian dim sum which is quite sad looking.

In the evening, we decided to use up our time, and drove to Brighton Beach which is just a 30 minutes drive from Boxhill City where my aunt lives. 

Look at the amazing rock formation on the beach! So pretty and unique that I had to take them with my new sneakers on. 

Trying to strike a pose with a cute-striped bath box. 

These colourful houses that adorns Brighton Beach is called a bath box which they say is used for sun bathers during summer. In summer, the weather will get too warm and hot. Therefore, people hid in these cute boxes to keep them from the heat. 

We managed to catch the evening sunset. Amazed at how beautiful the different colours were
 painted across the sky.

 
It is the perfect dating spot. <3

 And where dog comes out to play too.

Was mesmerized by the beauty of everything. I kinda like the reflection of the sky on the sea.

=) with my favorite colour.

 We are already starving by then. So, my aunt brought us to have Greek food for dinner! Abstract 157 is newly opened by a Greek family. And so, we are sure to get authentic Greek food. Yumms!! 
Here is some Greek bread accompanied with different dips. We had caviar, cucumber and brinjal dips. It was superb. The triangle looking dish is actually grilled cheese with lemon. I couldn't really explain the texture of the cheese in my mouth in words, but I tell you, it was amazing. A little bit crispy on the outside, warm in the inside and melts as you chew on it.


 This is my Greek beef burger with a million huge fries. So much that I couldn't contain them all.
Loving the balsamic sauce that accompanies it which gives the burger a slight sourish taste. 

We ordered some Greek desserts to end our Greek dinner. On the left is a sticky date cake, which is made of dates. Nice if taken warm. On the right is baklava. Too sweet, I can just faint. It's just too much sugar! ><
All in all, our first dinner in Melbourne was quite an adventure. I was truly satisfied with the warm customer service (the lady with red lipstick) and the food was heavenly. For the big portion, I would say that the price is kinda reasonable.

 After dinner, my aunt thought that it is nice to end the day with some coffee and so, we headed to Brunetti's, Melbourne's kind of high-class mamak for some mocha, latte and flat white. 

At Brunetti's, they have the widest range of cakes, pastries, ice-creams and drinks. You name it! This place screams all my favourite food! =D Big smiles when I entered here. Sad that I couldn't try more food because I am loaded with my dinner. I was here once before, 4 years ago and the place is filled to the brim, and it still is! People, you need to stop eating desserts.=p 

To end the first day, I am truly thankful to God for the smooth journey. I was really tired with a little bit of jet lag and once I hit the bed, I just died off.

XOXO
#adiealietravel
#day1
#melbourne


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/alie.wok

Instagram

https://instagram.com/allywok/