escape the park!

Sunday, March 15, 2015


ahh..I nearly fainted after finally finishing the 3rd level! Like my face was so pale and my friends have to buy me ice cream to boost up my sugar level. Well initially, I thought I was strong enough to go through all the obstacles, like it's just.."ahh, I can one lah..." but but...in the middle of the course, I just couldn't take it and I was hanging in the air, my hands and legs shaking and my mind was blank. All I can see is that before me, was another obstacle that is too hard for me. I found myself forced to make 2 choices, either to give up or to continue on the course. I was tempted to let go, and let the cable to bring me to the end, a short cut but no, I need to go through this, and I can't give up at any point of it. I pushed harder and told my hands and legs to give a little bit more, a little bit more... and i asked God to grant me a little bit more strength. One after another, I made it slowly, one step at a time to reach towards the end. I remember the very last obstacle, I literally rested on the rope and asked the guy to help me. And the relief from the hands that pulled me up...ah, priceless!

I saw the journey across the obstacles similar to our christian walk with God. As we get older, we face  more challenging obstacle and it will be tougher. Similarly, as I go up one level to another, it is getting tougher, and the wind is stronger. I told myself not to look down and just have to focus towards my goal. In life, who is our focus? Is it Jesus? When challenges comes, will you still look at Him? or are you distracted with the activities that is going around, and which, can cause you to fall? Besides, going through the obstacles, even though I told myself that "no, i cannot fall" but even if I fall, I know that there's the harness that will be there to protect me from falling to the ground and injuring myself. Jesus is my safety net. I know that, as much as I will fail and fall, I trust He is there, to save me. Because He has promised that in His word that He will ask His angels to look out for me. =)

a day well spent, with friends and with my God. The bruises and pain I suffered from it gives me a reminder that haha...it's all worth it!!!

                                                 - we made it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/alie.wok

Instagram

https://instagram.com/allywok/