crystal home

Wednesday, October 29, 2014



Be joyful in Hope, patient in Affliction, faithful in Prayer. 

"What is your ambition when you grow up?" 

"erm..I want to be a pastor!!"
"I want to be a scientist!"
"I want to be an automobile engineer" (woah)
"I want to be bomba!"
"When I grow up, I want to be a police man!"
"I want to be a chef" 

Spending time with these kids today brought me back to the time when I was young like them ( not like I am so old pun) and dreamed big in life. Well, it's so good to see these innocent and pure joy in these kids and how they aspire to be someone great in the future. I asked myself, " what happened to the me last time? I also dreamed big and wanted to be a scientist too. And seeing how ambitious they were, I wouldn't dare to discourage them. I realized how as I grew older, my dreams gets smaller and smaller. And well, it's not because the dream just disappeared but because as I grew, I saw that everything isn't as easy or simple as 1+1. And getting an A for Science in Standard 3 is nothing. But I was encouraged to see these little ones DARING to dream big despite their challenges in life. They didn't have complete love from their home and family but they are hoping that one day, they are able to change their lives around. 

I have learned a lot from them. The way they face difficulties and taught me to have hope again for the future. It's not easy. but one thing that we shared is our Big Father. 

PS: I met one girl, Anita who is just 9 years old that she can cook and take care of her sick mother. I asked what can she cook? and she can cook curry chicken!!! like "WHAT!?" I don't even know how to chop that chicken.  

Anyway, this is what happened today at Crystal Home, Penang. 

Adversaries will make you stronger. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/alie.wok

Instagram

https://instagram.com/allywok/